Located only 4 miles South of Knoxville and 15 miles North of Chariton, sits this beautiful 356.5+/- acre property. Whether you’re looking for an investment or hunting farm, this one is both of those things! With 223 acres of income, and 133 acres of timber and draws, this farm has the perfect breakdown of habitat. From hardwood timber, cedar thickets, river bottom maples, brushy draws, plenty of water and food, you have everything you need to hold, and harvest whitetails at every phase of the season. You can tell just by looking at the aerial how good this farm is for hunting deer, turkey, and pheasants, but wait until you see it in person. With access from the North and South, and the English creek running the length of the property, you will be able to access any part of the farm with very minimal intrusion. There’s an abundance of little pockets perfect for putting up a blind over a food plot, while there’s also plenty of mature trees for hanging tree stands. There has been very minimal hunting pressure for years (only hunted twice in 2020 and the owner passed a 170’s 3 year old—see trail cam pics!) 1 fiberglass Redneck blind included in sale. Farm has had lots of hinge cutting in strategic parts. Owner is currently working on enrolling timber into reserve to lower taxes.
Aside from the amazing hunting, this farm gives you a great return as well. There are 223 FSA tillable acres with a CSR2 of 63.6. Right now there are 130 acres of tillable rented for $175/acre = $22,750 annually. 82.9 acres in CRP in 3 different contracts: 27.3 acres @ $198.93/acre expiring in 2027 = $5,431 annually, 32.9 acres @ $256.07/acre expiring in 2027 = $8,425 annually, and 22.7 acres @ $147.48/acre expiring in 2022 = $3,348 annually. There’s an additional 6 acres in food plots on the east side, and an additional 4 acres on the west side, that could either be put into food plots or tillable. Total income = $39,954 annually. There are also 2 building sites on the south end of the property with water and electric at the road. Giving you the possibility of not only owning your dream farm, but building your dream home as well! This is truly one of the best income/hunting farms I have ever been on! Contact Land Specialist Caleb Byers at 641-203-4944 for your private showing today!
- 356.5+/- acres
- 223 acres FSA tillable with 63.6 csr2!
- 130 acres tillable @$175/acre = $22,750 annually
- 82.9 acres CRP in 3 contracts = $17,204 annually
- Total income of $39,954 annually
- Additional 6 acres in food plots on East side
- Additional 4 acres on West side that could either be tillable or food plot
- Taxes $7,636 annually
- Incredible diversity of habitat from hardwoods, CRP, cedar thickets, brushy draws
- Access from North and South (very rare farm that you could hunt on any wind direction!)
- English creek running the length of the farm for great access with minimal intrusion
- Tons of pockets for great food plot locations
- 1 fiberglass Redneck blind included in sale
- Very minimally hunted for several years
- Owner passed 170’s 3 year old this past season (see trail cam pics)
- Owner willing to lease back hunting rights if agreed upon
- Great building locations on South end of property with water and electric at the road
- 4 miles South of Knoxville, 15 miles North of Chariton, less than an hour from Des Moines metro
From Knoxville, head south on Hwy 14 for approximately 4 miles. Turn West on Quebec St to get to the North side of the property, or turn West on Rutledge St. to get to the South side of the property. Follow either street for 1 mile. I recommend entering the property from the south (Rutledge St.) Property has 2 green gates on both sides of the creek that runs through the middle of the farm.