Outstanding 50/50 farm with 12 acres of highly productive soils, and 8 acres of thick timber and creek! It’s not often you have the opportunity to buy 20 acres without most of the farm being road frontage! This property is very secluded and offers both great recreational opportunities and return on the investment. Following the well maintained easement to the property, you’ll find a 12 acre crop field that is pattern tiled every 40 feet and has a CSR2 of 74.1! The current owner would also be willing to rent the crops for $210/acre starting in 2021!
Heading further south you will find Cedar creek that has very good catfishing, and a rock shelf, giving you walking access to the thick timber on the other side. The river access makes this farm hunt way bigger than it is, and allows you to hunt on almost every wind direction! With mature timber on both sides of the creek, you could hunt cautiously on the north side of the creek in the early season, and catch deer coming to the crop fields. Then, get aggressive when the rut gets close, and hunt on the south side of the creek in the awesome pinch points and thick bedding! It’s not often that you find a small farm like this, that has the 3 things a whitetail needs: food, water, and bedding. This farm has all of those and a nice annual income! With the abundance of timber to the south, who knows what could show up during the rut!
Come check out this affordable hunting tract just outside of Knoxville with only a short drive from Des Moines. Give Caleb Byers a call today for your showing!
- Close to Knoxville and Des Moines
- Easement access giving you 20 acres in the middle of the section
- Current owner willing to rent the crops for $210/acre starting in 2021
- 12.5 acres FSA tillable crops
- CSR2 of 74.1
- Crops are pattern tiled every 40 feet
- Great Hunting and Catfishing
- Rock shelf giving you walking access to timber
- Very thick timber, with mature trees for hanging tree stands
- Pinch points between the river and crop fields for perfect stand locations