At KILOTERRA, we believe a life connected to the land is one better lived. Our mission is to connect others who share that view.
- Service – Every obstacle is an opportunity to delight our clients
- Teamwork – A rising tide raises all ships, no one succeeds alone
- Empathy – Show compassion and understanding
- Grit – No silver spoons here; we are results driven
- Positive Impact – Make one.
- Passion – For land and conservation
LAND SPECIALIST LIFE
Land brokerage is not a career for the faint of heart. Forget the 9-5 and a cushy office. Our pickups are our offices, and we start before the sun rises and end well after it sets. Depending on the day, it can be hot, cold, dirty, or wet. And even if you give it 100%, success isn’t guaranteed. And we wouldn’t have it any other way.
Every day, we are effecting a meaningful change in people’s lives, and we take pride in what we do. It isn’t easy, but as they say: nothing worth having is. Not everyone is cut out for land sales, but if you think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.
IOWA LAND SPECIALISTS
We’re currently building out our team of KILOTERRA Land Specialists across the state of Iowa. Our Key focus areas are Northern, Eastern, and Western, Iowa.
General Summary of Position
Land Specialists are licensed Real Estate agents, with the focus of selling farmland and recreational properties. This is a fast paced business, which requires a self starting attitude, and the ability to function well in a team environment and as an individual contributor. Above all, this is a service position, and requires a positive attitude and the highest level of integrity. Under the direction of the Broker, you will work to obtain clients who are interested in buying or selling land, and then work directly with these clients to achieve their goals. This position requires extensive use of computer systems and long hours in the field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Land Specialists are the backbone on which KILOTERRA is built. They are key in facilitating Land Transactions from the point of establishing a client need all the way through the closing of the real estate transaction. This includes duties such as establishing and growing the client base in their assigned geographical region, preparing land value estimates, photographing properties, uploading property data to websites, distributing marketing materials for listed properties, leading property tours, attending and working KILOTERRA Land Auctions, coordination with all necessary parties to facilitate real estate closings, and keeping accurate records of all activities.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- – Character that aligns with our core values
- – Self driven and motivated to succeed
- – Competitive, and works well in teams
- – Eager to put in hard work and long hours
- – An attitude of service
- – Highly organized
- – Well versed in use of modern electronics and computers
- – Willingness to learn new skills
- – Great communication skills, both verbally and written
- – Connected to the community in which they live and serve
- – Background in farming or hunting, aligned to our core clients
- – Must hold an Iowa Real Estate License
- – Background in marketing or sales is a plus